For the calendar year 2018, your brush will be picked up by Superior Waste Removal under contract with the Town of Clay. The fee for these services will be part of your taxes. You are in Clay Brush District No. 3.
Brush will be collected every other Thursday between 6:00am and 6:00pm as follows:
March 15 and 29
April 12 and 26
May 10 and 24
June 7 and 21
July 6 and 19
August 2, 16 and 30
September 13 and 27
October 11 and 25
November 8 and 23
The following is a list of guidelines and requirements for brush collection:
- Non-artificial Christmas trees missed will be picked up. The trees cannot be bagged in plastic and have any ornaments or tree stands attached.
- Brush will be collected every other week starting March until mid-December.
- Brush includes leaves, grass clippings, shrub cuttings, small branches and twigs, and must be placed in rigid plastic or metal containers. Biodegradable lawn bags are acceptable, if kept dry and intact. Place all containers outside of road pavement and gutters so as not to obstruct traffic or block drainiage. Plastic bags are not acceptable either inside or outside of any containers.
- Full containers or bundles shall not weigh more than 50 pounds.
- Limbs five feet long or less will be collected provided they are bundled and tied together. Limbs shall be no greater than 6 inches in diameter.
- Trees: Removal and disposal of trees are the sole responsibility of the property owner and are not under the scope of the brush contract.
- All potted plants must be removed from their plastic containers (pots). Dirt/sod must be removed from plant roots and can not be disposed of as brush. The container (pot) is a trash/recyclable item.
- Brush discarded in Town parks and right-of-ways is prohibited and violators will be fined.
- Items that will not be collected during bi-weekly brush collection include: rubbish, refuse, recyclables, construction materials, furniture, appliances, sinks, tubs, white goods, carpet, tires, batteries, automobile parts, etc. Any of these items mistakenly left at the curb will not be picked up and, according to Town regulations, must be removed from the street before 6:00 p.m. on collection day.
If you need materials picked up, not covered under brush collection, call Superior Waste directly for a competitive price. However, you may contact any hauler for additional pick-up. Most questions or concerns can be handled directly with Superior Waste at (315) 475-4416. If they are not able to assist or resolve the issue, contact the Town of Clay at (315) 652-3800 ext. 162 or email at email@example.com. Please note: It is the hauler’s responsibility to return empty containers to approximately the same location.
The Town provides a Central Disposal Facility at the Town Highway Garage located at 4483 NYS Route 31, Clay, NY. This facility is open every second Saturday of each month from April through November from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Clay residents can drop off heavy appliances, excluding those containing Freon, and metal only items. For questions call the Highway Department at (315) 652-3800. For more information on disposal programs contact the Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency’s website at www.ocrra.org.